Saturday, October 05, 2013

Things you don't mean to say

I really can't stand it when emotions build up in me due to an array of circumstances, then it eventually leads to me saying something I don't mean. Especially if I'm talking to someone I love.
 I wanted to express to someone what I was going through, but then a sentence popped out during the conversation that was completely untrue and down right hurtful. Why did I say that?...is it just me or have other women experienced this?

I was baffled when I said something that I didn't mean and I immediately regretted saying it. My emotions were high at that moment which I can't stand. For the most part, I'd like to think I'm pretty level headed and don't let things get the better of me. But not that day. I wish I could take it back... and I'm sorry!

I think that if, as a woman, we get to that point where emotions are high and things seem confusing and you can't find the right way to express yourself, that it's better to just not say anything at all.
I should have taken time to think things through on my own, or just leave things as they were. Lashing out, in hopes this person will understand all the jibberish going on in my head when I myself can't put a finger on it, is just not fair to them. Taking a breather till emotions have died down would have spared the person I care about a lot of pain and misunderstandings.

It's so frustrating that this happened, but I'm grateful this person is amazing and was able to see past what I said and take me where I was at. I'm blessed!

No comments: