Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Prayer



Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, let me sow pardon; where there is doubt, let me sow faith; where there is despair, let me sow hope; where there is sadness, let me sow joy; where there is darkness, let me sow the light.
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
O, Master, that I may not seek to be consoled but to console; not to be understood but to understand; not to be loved but rather to love; For it is in giving that we will receive; and in forgiving that we are forgiven; and in dying that we are born again to eternal life.

2 comments:

Diane Viere said...

What a beautiful prayer. I have been posting this week about prayer....after reading Philip Yancey's most recent book, PRAYER, Does it make any difference. I have been going through a dry season of faith--praying like crazy, yet, struggling with the non-answer! Prayer is so much more than petition however, and your post affirms this very thing today. It was a timely (God-appointed no doubt) post!

Diane

MarieAnne said...

Yes I do believe prayer changes things. When we pray things will happen and things will be different. God answers ever prayer, maybe not in the way that we thought or would like but HE does answer. you just have to have faith! I'm glad this post was an encouragement to you Diane!