Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Stories for the Heart

One:

I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
What I can do, I should do and,
with the help of God, I will do!
Everett Hale

Vision:

If your vision is for
a year
plant wheat.

If your vision is for
ten years,
plant trees.

If your vision is for
a lifetime,
plant people.
Old Chinese Proverb

Beautiful Things:

The best and most beautiful things in life
cannot be seen or even touched...
they must be felt with the heart.
Helen Keller


Those are just a few short tidbits from a book I recently read. As I went to the hospital the other day for a blood transfusion I knew I had to be there for quite a few hours so a friend lent me this book called "Stories for the heart" compiled by Alice Gray. They were such beautiful and touching stories that I wanted to recommend it to anyone who might be interested in it. It will lift your spirit and you walk away from it with the feeling that there is still some good in this world and that maybe there is something that we can do to help change things for the better.

No comments: